Mold Removal Products and How to Kill Mold
The Best Product To Kill Mold Is Hydrogen Peroxide
We found that hydrogen peroxide kills mold as it is “anti-fungal” as well as “anti-viral” and “anti-bacterial”. Hydrogen peroxide is a good alternative to chlorine bleach because it is safe to use and doesn’t damage the environment, nor does it leave behind toxic residue or produce toxic fumes like chlorine bleach does. You can buy hydrogen peroxide from drug stores for around one dollar for a bottle of 3% concentration.
Hydrogen peroxide kills mold effectively on many materials such as clothes, floors, bathroom fixtures, walls and items such as kitchen appliances. Since hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent it may also help fade the stain mold leaves behind. Spot test hydrogen peroxide on the material you’re going to be cleaning to make sure it won’t fade the material’s colors.
How to Kill Mold with Hydrogen Peroxide
- To kill mold pour 3% concentration hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle.
- Spray the moldy surface completely so that the moldy areas are saturated with hydrogen peroxide.
- Leave the surface to sit for 10 minutes while the hydrogen peroxide kills the mold.
- Then scrub the area to make sure to remove all the mold and mold stains.
- Finally wipe the surface down to remove residual mold and spores.
You can also use vinegar with hydrogen peroxide during the cleaning to more effectively remove the mold. Afterwards store the spray bottle in a dark place since light diminishes hydrogen peroxide’s effectiveness.