Michigan Mold Removal Services
The basic concepts of Mold Remediation and Mold Removal is not difficult but doing the actual work in the correct way can however be a challenge.
- Remember always Protect the workers and occupants. Proper safety gear must be worn when dealing with any Mold situation. A high quality, high filtration face mask is a must, as are vinyl or neoprene gloves and full protective suits are recommended when using harsh chemicals on Mold Remediation projects.
When unwanted water enters your property, mold growth can start in as little as 72 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and can enter your property through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.